Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
The author must download, print, and complete the Author Presubmission Checklist and Advisor Approval Form (if applicable). These documents can be found under Article Submissions at http://www.jyi.org/submit/submit/.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Before submitting your article to JYI, you must agree with the following statements. Any questions regarding the submission policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I/We agree with the statement that the work contained in the manuscript was done during the undergraduate degree of the 1st author.
I/We agree that my manuscript does not contain any plagiarised content as defined below (from plagiarism.org):
- Turning in someone else's work as your own.
- Copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit.
- Failing to put a quotation in quotation marks.
- Giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation.
- Changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit.
- Copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on "fair use" rules).
JYI uses WriteCheck anti-plagiarism software to help identify infringements of the above rules. Violating any of these points three times or more will result in the manuscript being deemed as plagiarised. If a manuscript is considered plagiarised it will be rejected, and you may not submit any further articles to JYI. Your advisor may also be informed of the transgression.
- I agree to list my Principal Investigator as one of the authors of my submission, and to ask their permission to share their contact details with JYI before the article is submitted.
- I recognize that my submission will not be accepted for review unless the JYI Author Contract and Pre-Submission Checklist are included as supplementary files along with my manuscript.
JYI utilizes the Creative Commons Open Access licenses for its articles. There are six of these licenses available and we ask the author and the principal advisor to agree on a choice of this license by signing off on the JYI Author Contract. Information regarding these licenses and the full wording of the JYI Copyright Statement can be found here.
As part of the submission process, you must accept the JYI Copyright Policy and indicate your choice of CC BY license by uploading the JYI Author Contract as a supplementary file to your manuscript. The contract can be found here.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.